Six suspected hijackers, including three Metro Manila policemen, were killed in back-to-back encounters with policemen in Dasmarinas City, Cavite, early Friday.

Two of the slain suspects were identified through their ID cards as PO2 Robert Santos, who went Awol from the National Capital Region Police Office last August, and PO1 Junjie Jun Liangco, an active member of the NCR Regional Public Safety Battalion, Cavite provincial police director Senior Supt. John Bulalacao said.

The third suspect is believed to be PO3 Jessie Villanueva of the Manila Police Station 8 (Sta. Mesa), Bulalacao said in a phone interview.

Three other slain suspects remain unidentified as of this writing, but police believe these had been involved in other hijacking incidents in the Southern Tagalog area.

Recovered from the suspects were a K-9 sub-machine gun, two caliber-.9mm pistols and a caliber-.45 pistol with PNP markings, and two caliber-.38 revolvers.

The clashes occurred around 2 a.m. in Brgy. Lankaan 2 and Brgy. San Agustin 3.

Bulalacao said members of the Dasmarinas City Police and Cavite Provincial Police intelligence branch conducted an operation in the two areas after they were tipped off by five other suspected hijackers arrested on Thursday.

“Ang nag-lead sa amin eh ‘yung unang lima na nahuli kahapon, tatlong lalaki at dalawang babae. Sila ‘yung nagturo kung nasaan tinago ‘yung goods na nakuha sa hijacking noong Martes,” he said.

On Tuesday, hijackers stole some P1.9 million worth of grocery items from a delivery van along Aguinaldo Highway in Brgy. Salitran 1.

Yesterday’s encounter resulted in the recovery of the stolen goods, as well as a Mitsubishi Adventure with no registration plate, and a Toyota Vios. (John Roson)

– end –